The Build Haiti Foundation has established collaborative partnerships with nonprofits, schools, service groups and community organizations to create real change in Haiti through community awareness and involvement, service, skill-based volunteerism, training and consulting, foundation organization, project management, and investment
The Build Haiti Foundation invites you to get involved in its mission by learning what we value, what we accomplished, who is involved and new direction planned. Be more fulfilled by helping to lift the Haitian people towards a more promising future.
You can become aware by attending social events in the Baltimore / Washington metropolitan area, take advantage of Diaspora services, join the Sister City Planning Committee, become a Board member, participate in the Global Leadership Program or provide in-kind or financial support for any one of the platforms, projects or programs established by the Build Haiti Foundation.
By collaborating and serving with the Build Haiti foundation, you, or your corporate organization can leverage the power of employee volunteer councils, become corporate partners to sponsor our “platform of platforms” and tap into resources and create best practices with our partners at local, national, and international levels.
Volunteerism with the Build Haiti Foundation brings good people and good causes together. If you would like more information about how to get involved, or become a partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For your tax-deductible donation
Become a respected global organization through which the international community and the Haitian Diaspora connect with Haiti.
BHF partners with other organizations to provide services and referrals in the following areas:
- Immigration counseling and citizenship classes
- Interpreting & translation services
- English tutoring and education services
- Domestic Violence
- Employment and job search
- Access to care, health education and outreach
- Youth leadership and mentoring
- Social services
- Cultural Outreach – BHF promotes Haitian culture through its partnership with the Columbia Association, the Howard County Library System, its signature annual event Celebrate Haitian Culture (CHC), to name a few. The CHC annual event and other culture fests provides event participants the opportunity to experience the sight, sound and taste of Haitian and Caribbean culture through Taste of Haiti, Art Exhibit, book signing events and performances of dance and poetry, etc.
BHF serves as a platform to rally the Haitian Diaspora and friends of Haiti. BHF works with prominent professionals in Haiti and the Diaspora to build a strong network of people and institutions capable of responding to the existing challenges and opportunities. With the help of its partners, BHF advocates for Haitians and the Caribbean community by giving them a voice, make them aware of the change and how that change can happen, help to create positive change in society towards greater social justice and equality by influencing people with power and changing how they think and act. We create a support in the community and provide access to various community resources including social services, human resources, access to healthcare and education, etc.